Tuesday, 26 November 2013

TSC crafting bunch challenge

This challenge I had real fun on and decided to do something completely different from usual, I had a small square canvas that was too grubby to use for anything else so I thought outside the box!
I started by cutting one of my lovely floral 12x12 papers to cover the entire canvas, and centred the coloured image in the centre. i then really went to town, dragging all my bits and pieces out of the craft cupboard!
I glued the word 'craft' down the left hand side using cork letters, and glued some blue glitter to the right hand corner.. I also added squiggles of pearlescent glue, flat back resins, gems, a cushioned fabric strawberry, a pony bead, a ribbon flower, a mini clothes peg, a paper-clip and two beautiful paper flowers made by Sam of  Samaflora
The image itself I coloured using pro markers and my three flex markers . I also used glossy accents to add an extra dimension on the eyes of the little bunch critters. The word Craft, I used sticky embossing powder to adhere glitter to the word..i think my embossing pen is on the way out though as i had expected it to be more glittery :( on the whole though I was very happy with this project and that was the only minor setback! I hope you like what I did and if you would like one similar you can contact me on my page :)Crafty Little Creations
Rachel

Thanksgiving card challenge for Simply B stamps

Well, here i am finally, after spending all nigt trying to upload and watermark my images, using a laptop that is on its last legs!
The recipe called for feathers so I chose my favourites from a bag of assorted feathers I got a while ago, and made them into a bunch attached together with silicone glue.. the image I coloured solely with promarkers
to create the base of the card I matted red and brown card and on top of that i layered four strips of assorted papers, which i stitched together. I then added a teepee out of crocodile skin effect paper and curled up the entrance and stuck that in place with anitas tacky glue, and adhered the feathers at the top in place of the usual poles. I then placed the image beside it :)
as a final touch i added a die cut butterfly cut from bronze card stock using a Marianne butterfly die
simples :) hope you enjoy it!