Thursday 19 December 2013

Whilst I am here i may as well do my LOC DT application....

This I also don't *nervously bites fingernails* 
I'm not too good at talking about myself, but I will try my best!
My name is Rachel, I am 26 and live in the rural countryside county of rutland ( the smallest county in England , near leicestershire) with my husband, Two small children who are aged 4 and two , and a very faddy, neurotic cat called Perdi pops, who was an unexpected and unofficial rescue in June of this year.
I have always been interested in art and have dabbled in lots of mediums over the years, but I started papercrafting in may of this year, falling in at the deep end as I wanted an original and specific card for my mothers birthday. As it was a Gorjuss themed card, i couldn't buy one online due to their TOU/angel policies. So therefore i had to make one. I used the gorjuss Ruby in a swing image, and my first promarkers were ourchased to do that image. I now have around half the full set and i am still collecting.
I still dont really have a signature style as I like to try everything. I will quite happily craft using cutesey images, and as i sell some of my work i will work with whatever my customers request, but my personal favourites are fantasy, steampunk and skeletal images.
I love using glitter and because I work closely with samaflora and have a spot on their DT I use their flowers wherever possible in my work ( and not only for that reason, i just happen to absolutely love the flowers sam produces)
I also don't really like having my photo taken, so here is a shameless selfie... 

This card is one of my recent makes and although a fairly quick card, happens to be a favourite, It used a sImply betty image that she provided free as a 700 likes promotion :)
This card is another favourite, using a Tiddly inks image- Dragon Friend, this is Merida without the dragon , and is a 6x6 card. It utilises the spellbinders floral ovals dies, samaflora blossoms and roses, another spellbinders edging strip and a paper from the park life collection ( if anyone knows where I can still get these it would be appreciated!)
The inside of the card is in matching papers, with the edging strip and bow echoes there too :)
And finally my LOC card, using skully Santa from delicious doodles- i made this card for one of their challenges which was inspired by a movie... I of course chose Hogfather. The full post on the challenge can be found on my blog, but I will repost the image here for your perusal also.



I am loving learning everything about papercrafting and acknowledge I have a fair way to go yet, but thank you for reading :)
Rachel xx



5 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel! I'm so glad you got the courage to apply for the LOC DT! I have loved taking a wander through your posts and love the cards that you've added here! I love that you mentioned Gorjuss - I'm a huge fan too!! We still have a few days to go with the DT Call and I will be in touch with all the applicants when it closes. Thanks so much for applying! Love Mo LOC DT Coordinator. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards, that shiny paper on the last one is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your lovely comments! Steph, the red is mirri card, embossed with an A4 M bossabilities folder :) I just love using Mirri card at christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel - I think you have done really well with your beautiful projects and I don't need to wish you luck for the DT call - they'll see your talent and enthusiasm! LOL! In a perfect world, we'll BOTH be chosen!
    Hugs
    Ei x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Ei...its still a battle challenging myself to find new ways of doing things...heck every way is still NEW! I will work it out eventually ;) I wish you the very best of luck xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Most recent post

mailing stickers!

A quick, easy project, to funk up your mailers! if you've been following this blog, you will have seen me using the Chunky Monkey C...