Hello everyone! today I have a piece for you using Meljen's sugar skull....
I absolutely love the image I was given to create something with, and I tried to go all out with it. I actually coloured up several of the images with my promarkers then used parts of them to découpage up the first image.
so as usual, I will give you a peek at my ingredients :
Promarkers in moss, pear, lime, magenta,cerise, pink carnation, marine ,duck egg, cool aqua, indigo, prussian, and bluebell
Metallic Promarker - Gold
half pearls in pink and green
wide navy ribbon
10 mm black ribon
heart ribbon slider in pearl
turquoise green and purple coredinations cardstock
shimmery blue paper from my stash
Spellbinders Lacey circles and sizzix framelit circles
spellbinders interchangable edging strip dies
an embossing folder I was given recently
pink mica powder on white paper
so as already discussed, I coloured and decoupaged the image, and then framed it using a circle framelit and one of the spellbinders lacey circles. to create the background, I coloured a plain white paper with a mica misting spray with a few blossom shaped voids.
I set it with hairspray..
I matted up the shimmery paper to just under half the size of the pink paper, and ran a small rectangle of coredinations in purple through an embossing folder using my big shot. this was tucked behind the shimmery paper, and overlapping into the pink area.
to create the detail behind the sugar skull, I layered up an edging strip , a wide and a skinny piece of ribbon , the skinny also had a ribbon slider on it.
I added another edging strip to the top edge of the card and added six pearls in pink and green.