Sunday 16 March 2014

Just For Fun challenge blog - mid way reminder post

Hello, and I hope you are having a good weekend!
For those of you that don't know me, I'm rachel, and I am a new DT member for Just For Fun ...
there is more detials about me, and the blogs I work on in the pages of my blog, so feel free to take a wander about!

This piece I have used a Saturated Canary image called 'butterflies' and unfortunately, I can't link you to the image, as she was retired shortly after I purchased her.


I wanted this card to be quite clean and simple, as I'm not hugely used to shaped cards. All the papers and card blank were cut on my Scan n cut, I just made sure i sized them to leave a nice matt round the edges of each. 
I used black pearlescent cardstock, then two bright and cheerful coordinating papers. i also cut some edging strips to go either side of the central strip, and made faux stitching with a thin micron pen. the butterflies are a little memory box die if i remember correctly!
the final touch is 3 blue diamante sparkles on opposing corners...

The image is coloured with promarkers (my blog name kinda hints at that!) 
burgandy, crimson and lipstick red for the dress, almond , satin, blush and oatmeal for the skin, and walnut cocoa and cinnamon for the hair



hope you enjoy it and it has given you a little inspiration !


Rachel 


would like to enter  http://ladybugcrafts.blogspot.co.uk (Spring)

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

mailing stickers!

A quick, easy project, to funk up your mailers! if you've been following this blog, you will have seen me using the Chunky Monkey C...