Saturday 21 March 2015

carnival 2015

Hi there everyone, Rachel here today, to show you my latest inspiration for the rick st dennis EDT !
if you were lucky enough to see Sue's post in the fan group yesterday, you would have seen this make of mine, as I made it to cheer her up and sent it to her in secret .. (therefore scheduling my blog post for before she got it would have been a bit daft ;) ) 


I made her a plaque using 'carnival 2015'  one of this year's fantastic new stamps... 



I made this little plaque using 2 sheets of grey board (1mm thickness) glued together as I didn't have anything stronger here!

I then covered it with pink cardstock and a designer paper layer, measured for holes and then made holes for them with an awl.
in those holes I fitted some eyelets so that it would hold the ribbon a bit better.
whilst giving that some drying time, I coloured in the carnival 2015 image, (using lots of pink, and glitter!)
I originally gave her a more sheer looking pair of tights /pantyhose, but I was getting frowned at by Ms carnival herself, and had to redo them in a brighter pink....

I then spent an intense hour or so fussy cutting her with my blunt decoupage scissors.... hoping I didn't accidentally cut anything off in the process! luckily she survived unscathed, with a sigh of relief from myself!
I added cotton candy stickles, and glued her to the plaque, then cut my lettering using my scan n cut... ran that through my sticker maker and stuck down... more glitter, on those, and the edges, and then finally liquid pearls, and once dry, the pink hanging ribbon :)


I'm glad it cheered sue up and hopefully if you wanted to do the same sort of thing for a friend, I've given you some inspiration!


Rachel


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

mailing stickers!

A quick, easy project, to funk up your mailers! if you've been following this blog, you will have seen me using the Chunky Monkey C...