Tuesday 19 February 2019

envelopes can be fun too! decorated envelope with Chunky Monkey Crafts Stamps



How many of you slave for hours over a beautiful card for a friend or family member, and then just whack it into a plain white envelope that came with your card blanks and call it done?
I’m really guilty of this- I've spent so much time on the card, that I usually run out of time and energy by the time it gets to thinking about envelopes!

However, when I was sent some stamps to work with, from Chunky Monkey Crafts  that were all about the envelopes, I was really excited to take card making to a new level! 

I'm really excited to be working with Dani and her stamps - of which there are a limited quantity left for sale!

For this project, I wanted to make an envelope myself- and remembered that I had previously purchased a square 6” chunky envelope svg file from myscrapchick which would be perfect for what I wanted to do!
Using the ‘sealed with love’ stamp from the ‘sealed with love’ A6 set, I got to work. 
The envelope itself uses 1 sheet of 12x12 paper, and the insert uses part of another. I cut, folded and stuck the envelope, then set to decorating.

Decorated envelope  front Rachel Gillham Art

front of the chunky envelope- complete with diecut banners, and stacked diecut hearts


back of envelope with stamped image- Rachel Gillham Art

back of the envelope, with a diecut pink heart, stamped sentiment and hand cut banner matts

back of chunky envelope showing inside - rachel gillham art

inner of envelope- isn't the owl paper so fun?

I cut a banner around the stamped sentiment, and matted it with some gorgeous turquoise cardstock, before adding a diecut pink heart to the envelope flap. I diecut more hearts and layered them , to be used for the space where you add the name on the front.
I then faux stitched with a fine liner and a white gel pen round the edges of the envelope, and round the banner I created, as I can’t resist doodling on my projects!

all that is left to do is to create a card fit for this envelope! I should probably suggest making the envelope to match your card, and not trying to make a card to fit the envelope!


If you'd like to see the rest of this set, you can follow the link above- and if any of the stamps from CMC catch your eye, you can get 10% off your order with code 'rachelcmc10' - what a bonus!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

mailing stickers!

A quick, easy project, to funk up your mailers! if you've been following this blog, you will have seen me using the Chunky Monkey C...