Saturday 2 March 2019

keeping the candy coming!

keeping the candy coming- Rachel Gillham Art - a sweet CAS greetings cards using Jillibean Soup's Sweet Moments clear stamp set


Sweet Moments - Jillibean Soup

I really couldn't get enough of the 'sweet treat' stamp set by Jillibean, so when I got the chance to grab the 'sweet moments' set, I took it and ran with it!

I thought it would be great fun to make a distress oxides background, so I grabbed Abandoned Coral and Picked Raspberry. A little blending, and some water, and I ended up with a beautiful background- I chose to diecut my favourite part out and make that the base for my stamped and coloured candy.

greetings card with Sweet Moments clear stamp set by Jillibean Soup- Rachel Gillham Art

I could have used the solid stamps, but I really do love to do a little colouring- instead of reaching for my alcohol markers, I decided to grab my distress markers and a watercolour brush instead.

I stamped lots of the sweeties , and cut them out on my scan n cut, before arranging them in a circle on top of the background I made. once happy with their placement, I added some sparkle with my Spectrum Noir clear sparkle pen, and glued them down.

the next thing was the sentiment, and as I really didn't want to lose any of the stamped images, by covering them with cardstock, I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment onto vellum, and stuck that down too. I 'hid' the glue with some little drops of Nuvo Drops in my favourite colours!

to make my distress oxide background really pop, i put a layer of black behind it. I think it really works and looks effective to add a pp of a dark colour in to really make the brights stand out.


I also LOVE the big white border all around the main card design- I used to struggle a lot with white space, but I'm starting to love it more and more!

This card has made me crave something sweet, so I'm off to raid the kids sweetie stash... shhh don't tell them!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

mailing stickers!

A quick, easy project, to funk up your mailers! if you've been following this blog, you will have seen me using the Chunky Monkey C...