This is My first post as a DT member for Left Of Center challenge Blog!!First off I wish to thank the awesome team at LOC for allowing me this chance to show off my work!
I have been paper crafting now for a short six months , and I am really enjoying the experience. I have met some fantastic people and am working with some fantastic digital image designers, and a wonderful team over on L.O.C ! I am part of the Mid way Design team, so you will be seeing my images half way through the challenge as a reminder!
therefore if you are reading this, THERE IS STILL TIME! challenges run fortnightly, so if you can't manage to do this one, another will be along soon, and I look forward to seeing your pieces :)
Our sponsor this Challenge is DELICIOUS DOODLES.
this piece is a Delicious Doodles image called 'A mother's love' and is available for purchase over at
Delicious Doodles Shop 'Baby'
8x8 card blank
1x 12x12 sheet of Core'dinations cardstock from the ROY G BIV pack of 80 sheets
2x corner die cuts from Tattered lace
a frame die cut from Sizzix cut from the same cardstock as the matt and sentiment backing
a pre printed sentiment from my stash
2 sheets of 8x8 paper from my stash
a swirl die cut (Marianne designs) from green cardstock
three off white Samaflora roses
Promarkers- almond, blush, oatmeal, antique pink, baby pink, canary, pastel and buttercup yellow for the blanket, gold, mustard, pastel yellow and buttercup for the mothers hair
and a piece of 3.5 cm wide cream satin ribbon
To make this card, I cut the Core'dinations cardstock to the same size as the front of the card blank, then with the remainder, I cut the sentiment backing and the image frame. I sanded the frame in places to distress it. I just love how the Core'dinations card is so versatile , there are so many different effects you can try with it!
I adhered an 8x8 piece of beige polkadot paper to the green cardstock base, then cut down the floral piece so it was roughly 3/4 of the width. This was then glued on top of the beige piece.
Before gluing down I made sure to do a 'dry' run so I could play with ideas and make sure the colours worked together, picking up colours in the image.
I then adhered the ribbon to the previous layers, using DST on the back of the green cardstock. I stuck a second piece of DST over the ribbon to secure it further and did not remove the wax paper until I was ready to stick it to the card blank. Once I was happy with the ribbon position, I glued everything down onto the card blank.
The image was coloured in neutral tones because I wanted to create a card that was different from the usual pink or blue ( although don't get me wrong, I like pink and blue :D
all coloured in Promarkers, with white spaces left in the mothers hair to act as highlights . once dry, that then got glued to the frame I had previously die cut, and the frame glued down to the papers, overlapping the ribbon with the bottom edge. To finish off, I added the corner die cuts, and the swirl and roses to the top right of the image.
If you haven't already been over to the Blog why not head over now and check out the rest of the design teams work and the entries to this challenge- the blog can be found HERE:
Thank you for reading, and one of these days I will get to grips with blogging- it is one of my new years resolutions :) harder yet may be the new laptop I am currently using, as my old one died...LOC was a good excuse to get a new one!
lots of love