Friday, 21 February 2014

Midway reminder forLeft Of Center Challenge blog Demon Lovers Challenge #25 sponsored by Rick St Dennis

Hello! today I have something very different to show you for the Demon Lovers challenge.....


For this make I decided to make something other than a card, and made this creepy coffin box instead!


Ingredients;
Dead flowers from Samaflora
polyester lace trim
coffee
Tim Holtz vintage photo ink
double sided pearlised A4 card (2 Sheets)
Promarkers - cocoa, henna, cinnamon, tan, putty, ivory, satin, cool grey one
Anita's tacky glue
Hot glue gun

I made the coffin box using my Brother Scan 'N' cut and a treat box cut file that I made larger until one half of the box filled an A4 page. I assembled this and using the bottom of the box as a template, cut the skull and crossbones paper to size. 
The image I coloured in sepia tones, and cut down to fit on the top of the coffin - the outsides were antiqued using vintage photo stain on a foundation brush... without having an ink pad, I just patted my dabber topped ink onto a plate until there was plenty of ink to transfer to my brush. I also distressed the coffin using this technique. 

The 'lace' was submerged into a cup of strong coffee for a couple of hours and then left until nearly dry. at this point, I used my heat gun on it, in some places holding it very close so the fibres blackened and melted , leaving ragged holes, and adding to the feel of decay
I attached this around the edge of the coffin lid using a hot glue gun, then glued the image in place, and then arranged and glued the dead flowers made for me specifically or this project , again with my hot glue gun..
If spooky is your thing, I hope you love this!








1 comment :

  1. Super project Rachel and very imaginitive way with tat coffin too! LOL!
    The 'distressed' lace is fab and the wonderful Samaflora flowers just top it off.
    Hugs
    Eiglas x

    ReplyDelete