It is also my first attempt at working with vellum, as the flower is completely made of hand coloured vellum!
I coloured the parts using promarkers (be warned, you get messy!)
and veined them , and shaped with a small ball tool . apart from the top layer they are all held together with a small brad. I glued the top layers on and then flocked the centre... but coloured it to my liking!
the papers used are a DSP from my stash and part of a sheet of the oyster bloom papermania 12x12 papers. I followed the card sketch on this challenge http://inkspirationalchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/challenge-54-designers-choice-and.html
as I fancied doing something different for a change :D
the happy birthday stamp I used is from hampton art stamps, and the sentiment is matted onto the reverse of the floral DSP I used as the backing.
I think that is everything, and I hope you like it!
would like to play at :