Thursday 17 October 2013

simply B stamps 'Betty the fortune teller' challenge

For this challenge I chose some grey slightly corrugated card to make the card base- cutting a circle aperture in the front and then fashioned a base out of the same card for front and back.
I thought the paper backing for the image suited it 100% as it reflected the blue used for the tablecloth.
I coloured the image using pro markers
, with metallic pro marker accents on the earrings of the fortune teller , and glossy accents for the table top, crystal ball and eyes. I raised the image up from the paper and also made sure there was a gap between the paper backing and the crystal ball 'frame'
I glued diamantes on the 'ball', and cut two flourishes for the base. I also added a Halloween tree dress it up button between the two flourishes.
I mounted the sentiment on a luggage label and threaded through blue ribbon with a Tibetan charm .

Hope you like!

1 comment:

  1. Wow I'm astounded at what you can do with metallic promarkers. I've been thinking about getting the metallic ones, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

    ReplyDelete

Most recent post

mailing stickers!

A quick, easy project, to funk up your mailers! if you've been following this blog, you will have seen me using the Chunky Monkey C...