Saturday 5 December 2015

A christmas challenge at that craft place

Hi there folks, hope you are all doing ok. It's been a tough couple of weeks for me here, as I've had a lot going on... there was a death in the family recently, (my 95 year old grandfather) and the funeral was the day before yesterday. It was a beautiful service, and a higher than expected turnout, which was very touching.


Through it all, I've kept crafting, and having pieces to work on for my design teams has really helped my well-being both physically and mentally!

This card is for the christmas challenge that starts today  over on the that craft place challenge blog , using one of the christmas betty boots images from the that craft place etsy store

I've used a mixture of goodies from the Shop and from my stash to create this card, the base of which is a Sizzix flip its die set from a couple of years ago, that I'm loving to find new uses for. It is such a unique shape that many people haven't really seen before and immediately adds wow factor
 I used silver papers and matching embellishments as the top layers, with a hint of green and red to tie in with the beautiful digital stamp that I used
 I coloured her in Copics , and on the reverse of the flip elements I added some cute little snowflakes and a bow . I also doodled by hand around the paper edges, and did some faux stitching with a white gelly roll pen.

I finished up with some twine , and half pearls in various sizes, and grey /turquoise colour tones

You can find lots of yummy supplies for your cards in the online shop group  HERE
in person at the bricks and mortar shop HERE (based in East Sussex)
find challenges and inspiration on the That Craft place blog
and natter about your current or planned creations in  the natter and chatter group on facebook HERE


Hope you enjoyed this card and happy crafting


and many thanks for reading 


Rachel



No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

mailing stickers!

A quick, easy project, to funk up your mailers! if you've been following this blog, you will have seen me using the Chunky Monkey C...