Thursday 28 February 2019

A cute Boy's Scrapbook page- with a tag pocket!

A cute Boy's Scrapbook page- with a tag pocket! using fun papers, brightly coloured ribbon, stickers, diecuts and tags, create a wonderful boy's scrapbook page!

Making a fun boy's scrapbook page with removable journalling tags!




This is my second ever scrapbook page, and I decided to get adventurous with it. I really wanted to use the colours yellow, navy and grey, with a pop of red (simply because that is my son's favourite colour!)
I found the back piece of designer paper at My Little Magpie some time ago, and as I had some other projects on the go that utilised the Jillibean Soup paper, and a little left over, I thought that would be perfect to make the tag pocket with!

boy's scrapbook page with removable journalling tags  - Rachel Gillham Art

I decided to keep the photo mat fairly simple, with a thin border of grey and white, because the page was already quite busy! once I was happy with the photo placement, I cut an absolute TONNE of little arrows out from a sizzix thinlets set I have. the little hearts are part of the set, so I dotted those between the arrows too. it is a little hard to see from the photo, but I popped the hearts up on 3d foam pads for some added dimension.


In the bottom left, I used the Jillibean Soup '<3 you' cut file which I cut in two colours- pink and white. I inked the edges and added some gel pen highlights to the heart too.
there really are some amazing cut files from Jillibean, something for everyone, and every occasion which can be found in their spot in the silhouette store

The tag pocket in the right hand corner is really simple-  I just worked out how big I wanted it to be, trimmed the paper in my paper trimmer, and made sure only to tape two sides! 
I do love that arrow paper, and I'm really sad I have used it all now... but also happy to have created some amazing things with it too!

The tags are from my vast collection- the larger ones are from Ranger, and the bottom one is a simple luggage tag I think I picked up from my post office. These got inked, and ribbon threaded through them. I also added some splats of picket fence distress stain on both the tags and the papers, because...why not?

I finished with some banners in the top two corners and some trusty Nuvo Drops following my colour scheme.

My son absolutely loves this page (he's nine now, almost as tall as me, and loves looking at photos from when he was small) and I feel pretty happy with it too!

I'd love to know your thoughts on it as well!


until next time,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

mailing stickers!

A quick, easy project, to funk up your mailers! if you've been following this blog, you will have seen me using the Chunky Monkey C...