Wednesday 27 February 2019

A second Birthday Scrapbooking Page - using up paper scraps

A second Birthday Scrapbooking Page - using up paper scraps- Rachel Gillham Art

A scrapbooking page that uses up your paper scraps- Rachel Gillham Art

A scrapbooking page using up paper scraps!

If you have been crafting for a few year like me, I bet you have a nice big pile of paper odds and ends. What better way to use them than incorporating strips of your favourites on a scrapbook page?

this is my very first scrapbook page, so I wanted to start off with a lot of white space- I got a lot more adventurous on my second one (stay tuned as that will be in another blog post soon!)




quite simply- I cut strips from the papers that caught my eye, making them different lengths, and stuck them down over the top of a rectangle of oatmeal coloured paper- leaving the edges of that piece visible. I doodled faux stitching and some solid lines round the edges of the strips- I love a good doodle! created a photo matt and faux stitched around that too, before adding the photo of my daughter blowing out the candles on her second birthday cake.
i added a hand doodled frame around the edge, and some of my favourite washi tape at the corners.

I also added some fun stickers, and some dot embellishments, along with a crocheted bow that I found in my embellies box.

to really finish the page off, I used one of the Jillibean Soup Cut Files 'Happy 2nd Birthday' cut in a pale pink cardstock  below the photo, which I added a layer of glossy accents to. it made it really sparkly and shiny!

I hope you liked my first ever attempt at scrapbooking- I had great fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

mailing stickers!

A quick, easy project, to funk up your mailers! if you've been following this blog, you will have seen me using the Chunky Monkey C...