Good evening, sorry not to have got to you sooner but its been a busy day, finishing up and packaging two cards (including my first non UK order) and creating a third custom card before settling down to finish off my entry for the latest polka-doodles challenge..
I decided to keep this one fairly clean and simple , i often let the image taqlk to me and let me know what sort of card it will lend itself to... and without owning a lot of the fancy christmassy dies I used a kanban background card and scored it into thirds, cutting off a little of the front flap so the image could overhang. on the right flap i placed three glittered die cut snowflakes and used buttons as their centres. I finished up with a piece of ribbon to 'close' the card which was secured with a tiny strip of DST at the back before hand tying a bow. that way the ribbon does not simply fall off when you open it...
I coloured the image using promarkers ( as usual)
cool grey 1,2,4,5 (still missing that three, there will be a party when I finally buy it!)
ivory, gold, pastel yellow, icicle (limited edition colour)
royal blue, azure and sky blue
berry red, red, a touch of black, putty, dusky pink and satin as skin tones,
moss, pear and bright green
shale henna and cinnamon for the angels hair,
antique pink for her lips,
then i also used lipstick red , magenta and aubergine...
sorry for just listing them but I dont like to give all my secrets away.
I'd love your comments on this and I hope you like it!