Sunday 15 June 2014

Another new release over at Chi Chi Memories! 'good day'

Hello, I have another suuuper cute card for you today using one of the new releases over at chi chi memories this one is 'Good day' 






first off I want to thank  the lovely Faye for letting me browse her cards for inspiration- I wanted to try a more CAS layout for this card, but I was coming up empty... after a quick peek, I came up with something I was sure would look awesome- the card above!

I coloured this image using a mixture of copics and promarkers, and it is my first ever attempt at frizzy 'afro' style hair- I'm quite pleased with how it looks.

After colouring, i added some highlights using a white gel pen, then set to with my glossy accents- i covered all the balloons to make them shiny like real balloons, and her hair bobbles,eyes, and boots.

I fussy cut the image out once dried, and cut a smaller rectangle of white card to attach her onto- purposely making it thinner than the image so the balloons were off the edge. I drew round the outside of the rectangle with my micron pen, added a couple of stripes of grey pro marker to the area where she'd be standing to 'ground' the image, and then attached her on with 3d foam pads.

I made a  tent folded blank out of a black piece of card stock 12 inches x 4.5 inches, and added a layer of purple coredinations card stock to it. i then added a piece of park life DSP on top of that, and cut a strip of black and purple card stock to go across the width of the card. the purple strip was embossed with a flower and swirl embossing folder I've had ages (yet never used)
and added on top of the black. i wrapped some yellow bakers twine around this strip and tied in a bow on the left. I added on top of the floral paper, then popped the image on its Matt on top- again with 3d foam pads 
finally (on the front anyway) I added three heart shaped gems in the bottom right.




on the inside i matted in purple again, and then used a piece of the DSP i used on the front - but used the reverse this time. i also added a white card stock rectangle for the message to be written in, and edged this like i had done with the rectangle on the front. for cohesiveness, I added another 3 little hearts to the inner. 




I hope you like her..i think she is very sweet!


Rachel xx

1 comment:

Most recent post

mailing stickers!

A quick, easy project, to funk up your mailers! if you've been following this blog, you will have seen me using the Chunky Monkey C...