Tuesday 26 February 2019

Chunky Monkey Crafts stamps & Amy Tangerine watercolor resist cards - a sweet card and envelope set

Amy Tangerine watercolor resist cards and Chunky Monkey Crafts stamps- a sweet card and envelope set  Rachel Gillham Art


Playing with Watercolor resist cards , and stamping envelopes!


going waaay back to last year, I bought a load of goodies from Hey Little Magpie during their sale, and the watercolor resist cards by Amy Tan were one of the things I picked up.

I had only used one, and was sat looking at my Chunky Monkey Crafts stamp set a few nights ago, planning what to do next, and they suddenly came to mind as a lovely accompaniment to the stamp I wanted to use on the envelope! (yep, Rachel is working backwards again!!)

I've created a lot of smaller rectangular cards recently, but I used to be more known for using a lot of square six inch cards- so for this project I switched it up and went back to square!


I wanted to keep to a fairly basic colour scheme, and layout and given the choice- always pink and teal. 
the watercolours i used were my beloved kuretake gansai tambis, and 
the papers picked out were from the Fancy Pants Happy place paper pad - the border of the watercolour resist card is part of a sizzix die set that is one of my all time favourites.
I embellished it simply with a few self adhesive epoxy dots, and some garden twine purloined from my husband!

I was contemplating filling the card with heart confetti, too, but i'm still trying to decide whether I do that or not!

The envelope I stamped using the 'sealed with Love' stamp from THIS SET on the Chunky Monkey Crafts Website- it really is a lovely set for those finishing touches, and making sure people are smiling even before they see the handmade card inside!


Even better- you can get 10% off any of the sets of stamps at CMC with the code ' rachelcmc10' !


I hope you have enjoyed this make, and until next time, stay crafty!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

mailing stickers!

A quick, easy project, to funk up your mailers! if you've been following this blog, you will have seen me using the Chunky Monkey C...