Tuesday 12 March 2019

Snail Mail Art

Snail Mail art with a Chunky Monkey Crafts Stamp

I'm pretty much a chronic insomniac, and I love to watch youtube and trawl pinterest for inspiration and tutorials when I can't sleep.. and apparently envelope, or snail mail art is a thing.... not that I've EVER received a decorated envelope, or done more than a couple of little doodles on one myself!

Therefore, I decided it would be a fun idea, and once I picked the 'party in an envelope' stamp to work with, I came up with the idea of illustrating a monster party theme on my envelope (which is a  c6 size envelope over here in the UK) 



I originally sketched my doodles on lightly in pencil, inked over them in fineliner, and once dry, erased the pencil. I then coloured in my doodles in coloured pencils, making sure to leave a large enough blank space within the banner to add a name and address, which could either be stamped with individual letter stamps, or hand lettered.


I used a green ink pad to stamp the 'party in an envelope' across the flap, where I'd doodled a banner.

This was a really inexpensive and fun way of jazzing up a plain paper envelope, and because my handwriting is ABYSMAL the CMC stamps were definitely handy in pulling the idea together!



SUPPLIES USED

CMC 'Sealed With Love A6 stamp set (use code rachelcmc10 for 10% off)

OTHER:
white c6 envelope
tombow brush calligraphy pen
Spectrum Noir Colorista Pencils
Avery Elle Ink Pad in 'Jungle'




No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

mailing stickers!

A quick, easy project, to funk up your mailers! if you've been following this blog, you will have seen me using the Chunky Monkey C...