Tuesday 5 March 2019

sepia colouring with alcohol markers and stamping




sepia colouring with alcohol markers and stamping #rachelgillhamart #chunkymonkeycrafts #copics #stamping #ccdesigns


Sepia Colouring, and Envelope Stamping

Today I’m up with a project for Chunky Monkey Crafts again! I always love to show off the gorgeous stamps on the envelopes, but love to create a project to go with them too!
This time, I have used ‘ made with love’ as a stamp on the back of my card, and ‘warning, opening will induce a smile’ on my envelope flap.

The card I created to go with the stamps is an idea I had recently- it is a technique I also plan on videoing for you in the near future, so please stay tuned for that!


I bought a sepia ink pad from versafine, and wanted to do a play on no lines colouring- many moons ago I coloured a stamp with only my ‘E’ copic markers, but I did it with black lines, and they looked ok, but it could have been better. When my sepia pad arrived, I knew I wanted to give the technique a go again, with the C.C designs rubber stamp ‘ latte kikki la rue’, as a play on the fact she was holding a coffee cup, and coffee is well, brown. (especially the way I drink it!)

I also decided to inject a tiny pop of colour with the red heart on the coffee cup, and the sparkly red hearts I used as embellishments. These I die cut using a little MFT stamps planner die set which includes a heart, coloured with the same copic marker I used for the heart on the coffee cup, and added sparkle with a spectrum noir sparkle pen, and finally a highlight using a white gel pen.



I love to ‘ground’ my images so in the same colours I used for the image, I created her a little patch of ground to stand on.
Because I was keeping this cas with a lot of white space, I finished with a simple doodled border and matted onto kraft cardstock. I was toying with adding a sentiment to the card, but I loved the look of so much white space, and having the only stamped wording being the awesome stamps from CMC!




Don’t forget that you can get any of the Chunky Monkey Crafts stamps from their WEBSITE at 10% off using code ‘rachelcmc10’  while they are available! 


see you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

mailing stickers!

A quick, easy project, to funk up your mailers! if you've been following this blog, you will have seen me using the Chunky Monkey C...