Tuesday 2 April 2019

Water stamping- a Unicorn card with coordinating Envelope


Unicorns, Distress oxides, and water stamping


There was a good reason for this card being a unicorn- and if you read my last blog post, you will know why!

I've been challenging myself to use all of the 'sealed with a kiss' envelope stamps from Chunky Monkey Crafts, and as of last week, there were only two I hadn't used- the fairy and the unicorn!

my belated fairy card post went up yesterday, and this week, I tackled the unicorn! 

that means that I have now used every single stamp in the set, and shown you some fun project ideas- don't worry, there will be more, I'm not done with them yet!

The fairy card (as mentioned previously) had it's challenges- namely technology being.... not the most helpful, and this one's challenges were in the form of me trying to make whilst I have the flu!

this is actually the second attempt, and apologies- I didn't have the energy to try and video the second make, after I totally messed up the first one, by sneezing at the wrong time!


Visible image unicorn card with Chunky Monkey Crafts envelope stamp- Rachel Gillham Art


 I used a water stamping technique that I learnt whilst watching a tutorial by Jennifer McGuire ink on youtube for the background of the card- I really love learning new ways to do things, and different techniques, and this one was no different!

The pictures don't pick it up, but I added sparkle to the unicorn with a spectrum noir sparkle pen too- as no unicorn is complete without glitter.


Visible image unicorn card with Chunky Monkey Crafts envelope stamp- Rachel Gillham Art

and to change things up a little, instead of stamping my envelope sentiment on the back flap like I usually do, this time I put it on the front!

what is your favourite placement , front or back?


SUPPLIES:

Sealed With A Kiss stamp set from Chunky Monkey Crafts (use code rachelcmc10 for 10% off !)

OTHER:

Visible Image stamp set - believe in unicorns
distress oxides- peacock feathers, fossilised amber, picked raspberry, abandoned coral

versafine onyx black
stazon jet black
spectrum noir sparkle pen -clear
watercolour cardstock
black cardstock
card blank
prima color bloom spray- soft teal
fineliner



Hopefully I will feel a lot more chipper by the time I upload my next make, but hope that you enjoyed this one, and let me know which you love more- Fairies or unicorns!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

mailing stickers!

A quick, easy project, to funk up your mailers! if you've been following this blog, you will have seen me using the Chunky Monkey C...